When planning a residential or commercial construction or renovation project, a lot of time, thought, and work goes into planning the construction phase itself. But what happens after construction or renovation is finally complete?
While you might envision yourself immediately moving into your new home or office, the reality is that no newly-constructed structure is move-in ready. Any recent worksite is going to need immediate cleanup. And that is what a post construction or post renovation cleaning service is for.
What is Post Construction Cleaning?
When construction workers depart a building site, they are going to leave behind, dust, dirt, and debris. There also are likely to be fine particles of wood, paint, insulation, and other materials scattered around the structure. In some rooms, there might even be splatters of paint or caulk.
Post construction cleaning is the process of thoroughly removing all of this unwanted mess from your home or commercial building prior to use. This is an intensive deep cleaning job that many homeowners or facility managers are unprepared for following construction or renovation.
Can you handle this type of work on your own? That depends on your skill levels, resources, and how much time you have to dedicate to the task. Some people do handle their own post construction cleaning. But it can save time and energy to turn to a professional to accomplish the job.
Why Do You Need Post Construction Cleaning?
The main reason post construction cleaning services are important will become immediately obvious when you step inside your home or commercial building after a construction job is complete. The sheer amount of garbage, dust, debris and residue make the property borderline unusable until intensive cleaning takes place.
There are also health and safety considerations that make post renovation cleaning necessary. While wood, paint, insulation, and other materials used in construction may be safe as part of a building, the fine particles released when sawing, cutting, spraying, or otherwise modifying or applying these materials is not something you want to be breathing in each day. Deep cleaning can remove these particles, protecting the health of the building’s occupants.
What Are the Benefits of Working With Post Construction Cleaning Services?
While you may be tempted to try and handle your own deep cleaning after construction, taking your business to a professional team offers many benefits:
- You can save significant time having a company clean for you. If the project was residential, that means you can move forward with unpacking your boxes, setting up your furniture, and making your house feel like a home. If it was commercial, you can minimize disruptions to your business and get right to work in your newly constructed or renovated building.
- You can spare yourself some hard work. It isn’t easy reaching up, bending down, and scrubbing hard to get rid of dust, dirt, grime, and residue. Post construction cleaning services can clean all those hard-to-reach places.
- Cleaners can safely dispose of project waste (i.e. paint, paint thinners) according to regulations in your municipality.
- A pro cleaning service has access to industry-grade cleaning products and tools that you may not have.
- Professional cleaners can give your floors, walls, windows, baseboards, doors, and other parts of your home or commercial building the attention they need. These cleaning experts will be able to get rid of dust and residue that you might miss on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions About Post Construction Cleaning
Q: How do I clean my house after construction?
A: While it is possible to do your own deep home cleaning, you probably are going to want to work with a company that handles this type of extensive work every day. Call a professional cleaning service to get the job done fast.
Q: How much does it cost to have your house cleaned after construction?
A: If you are hiring a cleaning service provider for a residential job, you can expect the price to range somewhere between $200 and $800 on average. There are situations where cleaning might be more expensive, such as for very large houses, or when especially detailed, intensive work is necessary.
Get the Professional Services You Need to Clean Up After Construction Now
Cleaning your home or commercial building after construction on your own can take many hours. In fact, working on your own, it might take days before your building is ready to use.
But when you work with post construction cleaners, you can get the job done quickly, and with greater thoroughness and attention to detail than you might have been able to accomplish on your own.
Are you ready to get the help you need with post construction cleanup? To schedule service, please give us a call today at (number).